Enhancements?

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:44 PM

First, thanks for providing this.  I've been unable to find any other tool that allows me to keep the help documentation in the code like this does.

I've made some enhancements to the currently posted code.  

1. Found what might be a bug with parameters without a parameter set name specified.
  2. Changed it to convert .NET types (System.String) to C# types (string), to more closely match what MS does in their help.  Also simply display Nullable<> types as their generic type.  'Nullable<bool>' is simply shown as 'bool'.
  3. Emit "parameterValueGroup" elements for Enum parameters so that the help shows { EnumA | EnumB | EnumC }

Are you still using/maintaining this code?  Would you be interested in a patch file with changes?

Thanks,
Glenn

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2011 at 4:55 AM

Hey,

I haven't used that code for a while, but you can submit a patch and I'll integrate it. Thanks!

Sep 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Thanks.  One thing I've noticed is that in spite of putting the PoshBuild attributes on separate descriptor classes - but in the same assembly - I'm unable to load the module without the PoshBuild.dll assembly present, indicating to me that PS is attempting to load the PoshBuild assembly before it is referenced.  Any ideas?

I'm considering modifying the tasks to accept the generated XML docs (csc /doc) to supply the rest of the help information such as Synopsis and Examples.  If I do that, I won't need the PoshBuild attributes.